Best Wireless Bluetooth Headphones in 2017
Wireless Bluetooth headphones have changed the way we listen to music, but it’s difficult to know which ones to buy. But We’ve done the homework for you, so read on for our top picks, which include the best wireless Bluetooth headphones overall, the best for exercise, the best for sound quality, best for travel and more.
We round up the best wireless Bluetooth headphones on the market. There’s no one dominant maker in the market, but there are plenty of options and styles available at different prices. If you wanted Best Wireless Bluetooth Headphones to Buy for a comfortable price here are the list.
01. Jabra Move Wireless Stereo Headset – Best Overall
This reasonably priced set of headphones sounds great and just plain works well. The Jabra Move is durable, comfortable, and inexpensive enough to become our experts’ top pick. This Bluetooth headphones Buy from Amazon
We Can Highly recommend Jabra MOVE Wireless Stereo headset are the best all-round option on the wireless headphone market.
They only weigh about a pound and are a relatively low cost option yet deliver excellent sound in a thoughtful, energetic design. The headphones (particularly the red and cobalt designs) stand out from the crowd and the look is both bold and minimalist.
- Listen to your tunes and never miss a call
- Ultra-lightweight and adjustable headband fits all head-types
- Durable stainless steel headband and dirt resistant fabric for life on the move
- Connects to all Bluetooth ready devices – phones, computers, tablets and more; includes optional cord so you can use your headphones on flights
- Up to 8 hours talk time/music time and up to 12 days standby time
The lightweight stainless steel headband is adjustable for comfort and is covered in a dirt-resistant fabric for durability. Earcups are matt-textured plastic and you’ll find a power switch that doubles as the Bluetooth discovery switch on the right earcup. On the left earcup, there is a 3.5” input, so should your battery run dry you can plug in to your device with a standard connector. You’ll also find a multifunction button that allows you to play and pause your audio from the headset. You can expect up to eight hours of constant usage and 12 days of standby time.
Another reason we choose the Jabra MOVE Wireless as our top pick is the sound performance – it’s crisp and balanced. Across bass, mids and highs, the earcup speakers perform their job admirably, and the MOVE headphones’ sound is right up there with the best wireless ones despite their relatively low price. It has a 29 Ohm speaker impedance and a speaker max input power of 80mW. Depending on your use case, you might find their lack of noise insulation annoying, and constant use can tend to wear down the leather earpads, but at this price point Jabra MOVE Wireless best Bluetooth headphones are hard to beat.
02. Creative Sound Blaster Jam Ultra-Light Bluetooth Headset – Best budget
A pair of Bluetooth headphones under $50 that actually sound good? Yes, it’s possible. The Creative Sound Blaster Jam headphones come from the company better known for making computer sound cards, but they’re punching way above their weight here. This best Bluetooth headphones Buy from Amazon
- Ergonomic fit with soft ear cushions to ensure comfort and long listening hours.
- Made of exceptionally lightweight materials to minimize bulk and increase mobility.
- Extended Bluetooth playback – Get up to 12 hours of wireless audio streaming with the Sound Blaster JAM.
- One-tap bass enhancement – Instantly add punch to your music with a single tap on the ear cup of headset.
- Convenient charging – Simply charge the Sound Blaster JAM via USB through a PC/Mac.
Considering the price, there are some concessions here (the build quality is noticeably cheaper and the headphones don’t fold for travel). Earcup padding is minimal, but does the job – if you’re used to thick pads then you’ll need to look elsewhere, and the look is a little ’90s (but don’t trends come back every 20 years?). However, Creative Sound Blaster Jam headphones are nice and light – just 8.8 oz.
Both Bluetooth 4.1 and NFC are supported, and you’ll get a range of around 30 feet, which is pretty standard for wireless Bluetooth headphones. You’ll get up to 12 hours of use between charges, thanks to the 3.7 V 200mAh lithium ion battery inside, and it can be charged through a USB cable (a one-meter cable is provided). There’s no 3.5” input at all, so you’ll need to ensure to keep your battery charged.
Sound quality is pretty good, and is powered by 32 mm NeoDymium drivers. The bass is helped immensely when you engage the bass boost switch and mids are nice, although there will be some muddying if you push the volume up. At the high-end, the treble is crisp.
Although these best Bluetooth Headphones don’t excel in any one area, they get a passing grade for everything, and at such a low price for best wireless Bluetooth headphones, they’re an extremely good value.
03. Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Wireless with Active Noise Cancellation – Best for Sound Quality
Momentum 2.0 Wireless is part of the all new, second generation Momentum headset family. Bluetooth technology frees you from wires while new NoiseGard hybrid active noise cancellation virtually eliminates unwanted ambient sound further enhancing the audio experience. This best Bluetooth headphones Buy from Amazon
- Noise Gard hybrid active noise cancellation blocks ambient noise using 4 microphones for ultimate isolation to dramatically improve sound quality in noisy environments
- 22 hour battery life with both Bluetooth and Noise Gard activated to ensure performance during long commutes or plane flights
- Technology uses 2 built-in microphones working seamlessly to improve voice quality and remove external noise during phone calls
- Two year warranty when purchased from an authorized Sennheiser dealer
- Please Note (VERY IMPORTANT): Detachable cable must be inserted into headphone until it “clicks” and twisted clockwise (to the right) to lock the cable in place
The award-winning Momentum 2.0 best Bluetooth Headphones from Sennheiser deliver excellent sound quality thanks in part to their large earcups with soft pads (they come in around-ear and on-ear styles). They’re at the heavier end of the wireless headphone spectrum, so while they might not be the best choice for exercise, they have excellent noise insulation and a full-bodied sound. The headphones also have a massive 22-hour battery life between charges.
The 18-ohm transducers are powerful and offer a wide frequency response of 16 Hz to 22 kHz. The bass is punchy, mid-ranges are clear and high-end is bright. As Momentum 2.0 wireless headphones use apt-X codec compression technology, you’ll get studio-quality sound from any device connected via Bluetooth that supports apt-X.
Available in black, brown or ivory, the modern design of Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Wireless headphones includes a three-button remote, detachable 3.5” connector and a foldable stainless steel headband.
04. JBL Synchros E40BT Bluetooth, On-Ear Headphones – Best for pop, rock, and hip-hop
A bit more boosted in the treble and bass, our runner-up sounds exciting but can be tighter on your head if you have a larger hat size. This best Bluetooth headphones Buy from Amazon
- JBL signature sound with PureBass performance and premium 40mm drivers deliver full spectrum sound with uninhibited clarity and powerful bass
- Bluetooth enabled technology for wireless calling and music play. Built-in Share Me technology allows you to share your content with another set of best Bluetooth Headphones, simultaneously
- Ear-cup-based microphone with echo-cancelation technology allows for hands-free calling with a pure connection to your wireless device for clear, hands free calling
- Built-in, USB rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides 16 hours of uninterrupted listening. And when the battery dies, the included aux cable allows for passive listening
- Ergonomic headband and protein leather ear-cushions provide an ultra-comfortable fit and effective noise isolation
The E40BT is really great for pop, rock, and hip-hop. What pushed it out of the top slot? For one thing, while the ear pads are soft and comfortable, the headband is on the tighter side; anyone with a larger head may find it uncomfortable over long listening sessions. Also, the power button doubles as the Bluetooth pairing button, and while that isn’t in itself a bad thing, all of our panelists had a tough time turning the E40BT off; frequently we ended up putting it into pairing mode instead. And lastly, it’s about $20 more than the Move Wireless at the moment. So while the E40BT is pretty great, we just think more people will be happy with the less expensive and more user friendly Jabra Move Wireless.
05. Marshall Major II Bluetooth On-Ear Headphones – Best Battery Life
Get Unplugged With 30+ Hours Of Playtime
The Major II Bluetooth gives you the freedom and convenience of a wireless headphone combined with over 50 years of tried and true Marshall performance. Seamlessly Connect to your listening device with the latest in Bluetooth aptX Technology and listen to 30+ hours of music. This best Bluetooth headphones Buy from Amazon
- Bluetooth aptX gives you the freedom and convenience of a wireless headphone combined with over 50 years of tried and true Marshall performance
- The Major II Bluetooth keeps the music going strong with over 30 hours of play time on a single charge. This is above the industry standard
- With the analogue control knob you can play, pause, shuffle and adjust the volume. Phone functionality is also included so you can answer, reject or end a call with a few simple clicks
- 40mm dynamic drivers are custom tuned for excellent bass response, smooth mids and screaming highs
- The Major II is the perfect travel companion. Its collapsible design makes it easy to store when they’re not in use, A detachable 3.5mm cord and USB charging cable comes with the Major II Bluetooth. In case you find yourself low on power just plug in the usb cable to recharge
If long-lasting battery life tops your wish list for best wireless Bluetooth headphones, look no further than the Marshall Major IIs. These Bluetooth aptX over-ear headphones boast over 30 hours of playtime on a single charge, putting other pairs to shame. If you do manage to drain the battery, never fear; just plug in the cord to the 3.5mm jack to keep listening to your music (an option not common with smaller earphones). You can juice it back up quickly with the included USB charging cable.
Marshall’s design is classic yet comfortable, even when worn over time. You can control your music via the simple analog control knob on the right earpad and sync it with your phone to answer, reject and end phone calls. The headphones are collapsible, making them easy to listen with on the go.
Its 40mm dynamic drivers yield deep, rich bass and well-defined highs and it has a 10Hz to 20kHz frequency range. Amazon reviewers love these headphones for both their build and sound quality.
06. Jaybird X3 Sport Bluetooth Headset – Best for Exercise
Go all out with the Jaybird X3 Wireless Headphones! These earbuds are designed to be tiny, but packed to the brim with functionality, unbeatable comfort, and incredible sound quality. This best Bluetooth headphones Buy from Amazon
- MINI WIRELESS BUDS – The X3 Headphones by Jaybird are designed to be as small as possible without sacrificing performance and looks
- UNIVERSAL SECURE FIT –The patented silicone ear fins securely attach to the top and back/lower surface areas of the ear for a snug fit, locking the earbuds in during workouts and intense physical activities
- SWEAT-PROOF – Built to last with a sleek yet rugged design, the X3 Headphones are great for sports, workouts, and all weather conditions. Their hydrophobic nano-coating will keep moisture away, whether it’s sweat, rain, or snow
- LONG BATTERY LIFE – Don’t let a low battery interrupt your day. The X3 has an 8-hour battery life. 15 minutes of charging gives you a full hour of playtime, so you’ll always be ready for anything
- PERSONALIZED SOUNDS – The MySound App allows you to tweak and customize the sound of your X3 headphones for a personalized experience, and save them for later as a profile
There’s nothing more frustrating than fidgeting with ill-fitting earphones during your sweat session, but the Jaybird X3s fit snuggly in almost anyone’s ear, thanks to many customizable options. They come with six pairs of eartips in various sizes – three in silicone and three in Comply foam – all of which are sweatproof and fit well under a helmet. They also come with three sizes of optional ear fins that help hold the earphones in place during a vigorous workout, although many Amazon reviewers report that the fins are unnecessary. The cord can loop behind or in front of your neck, but be warned that the earphones are not individually marked with an R and L, which might cause a little confusion. The earphones come in an array of colors: black, military green, red, white and gold.
07. Plantronics Backbeat PRO Wireless – Best for Noise-Canceling
Wireless, active noise canceling Headphones + Hi-Fi Bluetooth USB Adapter. Get lost in rich, lifelike music from your computer and mobile device, making every moment your own. This best Bluetooth headphones Buy from Amazon
The Plantronics active noise-canceling technology allows you to block out the outside world and be immersed in your music. This setting is fully adjustable, so that means you can change the amount of outside noise you hear in an instant.
- NOISE-CANCELING HEADPHONES: Block out background noise while working, relaxing, and traveling with on-demand active noise canceling technology.
- MULTIPLE DEVICE SYNC TECHNOLOGY: Listen to a movie on your tablet and quickly answer the call on your smartphone; these best Bluetooth Headphones are compatible with all smart devices including iPhone, iPad, and Droid devices.
- HIGH QUALITY AUDIO: Rich and lifelike audio delivering rich bass, crisp high, and natural mid tones through extremely comfortable Bluetooth Headphones.
- LONG LASTING BATTERY LIFE: The Plantronics technology offers up to 24 hours of listening while providing 330 feet of Bluetooth range.
- COMFORT: Perfect travel and in-flight headphones include pillow soft ear cups to provide lasting comfort while canceling and isolating background noise.
Backbeat PRO wireless headphones support Bluetooth, NFC and A2DP. Sound quality is good, too. The bass is full (some would say boomy), mids are neutral and highs are clear.
Battery life is particularly good – you’ll get up to 24 hours of listening between charges. A smart hibernation mode allows for shelving them for up to six months and they’ll still power up. Also nice is the 330-foot range on the Bluetooth, so you don’t need to be right next to the device you are getting your audio from.
In addition, some smart features make these best Bluetooth Headphones an essential item. For example, you have the ability to switch quickly between two different connected devices (so it’s a cinch to go from watching a movie to answering a call on your smartphone). Another nifty feature: Removing the headphones from your head can automatically pause music
08. Sennheiser PXC 550 Wireless Bluetooth Headset – Best Design/Best for Travel
Sennheiser’s premium headset tailored specifically for the discerning business traveler. This stylish, compact and foldable headset delivers exceptional sound quality, class-leading adaptive noise cancellation and crystal clear speech clarity. This best headphones Buy from Amazon
- Bluetooth 4.2 wireless technology in an ergonomically designed lightweight, comfortable and collapsible travel headset perfect for travel.
- NoiseGard adaptive noise cancellation ensures superior sound quality in every environment.
- Intuitive user control and convenience thanks for voice prompts, touch controls, NFC pairing, smart pause and automatic on/off.
- Triple microphone array delivers business class communications with exceptional vocal clarity.
- Sennheiser sound signature quality with selective sound modes to enhance the listening experience.
Sennheiser’s PXC 550 will quickly earn its place among your favorite tech gadgets. The noise-cancelling Headphones feel relatively light (they’re just eight ounces) without feeling cheap. Instead of a power button, turn on the PXC 550 by twisting the right ear up from a flat position. You can swipe up/down on the earcup for adjusting volume and swiping left/right will change tracks.
When powered on, the PXC 550 automatically pairs to the last connected device via Bluetooth 4.2 and remembers two devices at a time. The 2.5mm proprietary input sits next to the microUSB power port. Sennheiser claims up to 30 hours of battery life before needing to recharge. The PXC 550 excels when it comes to mids and trebles with clear dynamic sound that feels natural. Unfortunately, the same can’t be said for bass (so heavy bass users will want to look elsewhere).
The business-like design shines when it comes to folding up into a ball and placed back into their soft material case. The combination of noise cancellation, great sound and compact design make the 550 a top-notch choice for transport.
09. Plantronics BackBeat Sense SE Bluetooth Wireless Headphones – Best Sound Quality (2nd one)
While Plantronics might not be the first name you think of for best Bluetooth Headphones, the Plantronics BackBeat Sense offer incredible sound. The standout for the BackBeat Sense is its powerful lows with equally positive mids and highs, aptX audio quality and excellent handling of deep bass. The 32mm drivers manage to handle bass at just the right level despite their overall size. This best Bluetooth headphones Buy from Amazon
- WIRELESS: Class 1 Bluetooth 4.0 technology that will stream up to 330 ft. from Class 1 Bluetooth devices, which is perfect for iPhone, iPad and other smart devices.
- SMART SOUND: Headphones packed with smart sensors for audio control and power management and to maximize wireless listening time.
- COMFORT: Pillow-soft, memory foam cushions give these special edition Headphones the comfort to where all day.
- SPLASHPROOF COATING: P2i coating technology for water resistance.
- BATTERY LIFE: Rechargeable battery that will last up to 18 hours of wireless listening and 21 days of standby time.
The class 1 Bluetooth 4.0 rating offers up to 330 feet of wireless range with your compatible device. Plantronics states you’ll receive 18 hours of battery life or 21 days of standby time, but with DeepSleep mode you can extend standby time to more than 180 days of reserve power. A full charge up takes up to 2.5 hours through a microUSB connection. The “smart wireless” built in will pause the audio when taking the headphone off your head and resume when putting them back on via a neck sensor.
The ear cups twist a full 90 degrees for compact traveling but the lack of hinges on the sides leaves the Sense unable to completely collapse for truly compact travel. However, the plastic and metal hinge feels both stable and durable and the pillow-soft memory-foam earpads feel just right – not too big and not too heavy. There is a P2i splashproof coating for water resistance, protecting against both rain and spills. With bright sound and easy controls, the Sense is a well-featured headphone that’s easily recommended.
10. Kinivo BTH240 Bluetooth Stereo Headphone – Good sound for the price
So, you need Bluetooth and you need it cheap. We got you covered. The Kinivo BTH240 is $25. When you just need sound for the least amount of money possible, this model gets the job done. It doesn’t sound as good as our other picks and probably isn’t as durable. But for the price, it sounds better than others in its range. This Bluetooth headphones Buy from Amazon
- Compatible with Bluetooth enabled music players & A2DP enabled devices such as iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Android Smart Phones, tablets, etc
- Control your music player directly from the headset with functions such as play, pause, next & previous track, and volume
- Serves as both a wireless music Headset and Bluetooth phone headset for hands free calling
- Sleek, comfortable, lightweight design with up to 10 hours of music and talk time
- New and improved design: Micro-USB charging port, increased battery time, and modified LED design
$25! Do these Bluetooth Headphones sound as good as the Moves or Revos? No. But they don’t sound terrible, either. The mids and highs are balanced, and the lows, while understated (largely because of the lack of seal by the earcups) are still audible in the upper to mid low-end frequencies. They drop off around 90 Hz, which isn’t terrible at this price range. Basically, you’ll hear a kick drum hit and a bass line, but they won’t be nearly as rich or full as in our other picks.
The BTH240 has volume control (which does not affect your device’s volume, so you’ll need to set that before hitting play) and track forward and reverse (which does control the device, obviously). This model is also able to take calls, interact with voice commands, and redial the last call. The calls sound a little muffled to the person on the other end, but my callers could understand what I was saying.
Say you like to listen to podcasts and music while walking the dog for 30 minutes a day and need something cordless just for that daily 30 minutes. Or maybe you want something Bluetooth for occasional use when you’re cleaning the house so you can wander around the room. These Best Bluetooth Headphones would be great for you.