If you want to treat asthma, diabetes, lower your cholesterol count and detoxify your kidneys, then you might want to consider a recipe involving the use of a veggie known as Lady Fingers or otherwise popularly called Okra.
Important Facts About Okra
A single cup of Okra contains
- 30 calories
- 2 grams of protein
- 3 grams of fiber
- 21 milligrams of vitamin C
- 0.1 fat
- 7.6 grams of carbohydrates
- 80 milligrams of folate
- 60 milligrams of magnesium
- Okra remains a healthy meal all year round.
- You can eat it fried, stewed, boiled, raw or pickled.
Health Benefits Of Okra
- It will boost the immune system.
- Okra can relieve asthma symptoms.
- Reduce bad cholesterol (LDL).
- Okra is effective in combating diabetes.
- Helps to detoxify the kidneys and rid it of harmful toxins.
- Helps improve the digestive system.
This is an Okra recipe for lowering your blood sugar level.
- Fresh Okra – 4 pieces
- Clean drinking water – 2 to 3 cups
Preparation And Administration
Get four fresh okra and chop off their tail and head.
Put the Okra in a bowl of 2 to 3 cups of water, allow the Okra to sit overnight.
You should strain the water in the morning and drink it before breakfast and on an empty stomach.
It will help to curb food cravings during the day and when you do not eat excessively your blood sugar doesn’t spike.