How to Straighten Hair Naturally? Here are many options to straighten your hair naturally, using many products you already have at home. While you will probably not achieve pin-straight hair using only natural processes, these techniques will help moisturize, relax, and straighten your hair without the damaging side-effects of chemicals or heat.
Don’t buy into the cure-all over-the-counter treatments. Most of those come with some pretty steep side effects. Instead, opt to try a natural approach that nourishes and straightens. Let’s take a peek at some tried and true natural solutions for straight hair.
Home Remedies to Getting Straight Hair
1. Eggs and Olive Oil
Eggs play an important role in making your hair stronger and shiner. Olive oil helps keep your hair well moisturized. These ingredients, when combined together, help straighten your hair naturally.
- Beat two eggs properly and mix in four tablespoons of olive oil.
- Apply this mixture to your hair and scalp, then comb your hair with a wide-toothed comb.
- Wear a shower cap and leave it on for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Rinse it off and wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
Bananas are rich in minerals that promote healthy hair. According to Home Remedy Shop, you should mash up two overripe bananas and create a mask for your hair. The end result will be moisturized hair that is straight and shiny. What a great way to use bananas that are too ripe!
3. Coconut Milk
Coconut milk is not only linked to keeping your hair straight, but the antibacterial properties help reduce the likeliness of scalp infection. you should extract the juice from a coconut and allow it to set on your hair for ten minutes before rinsing.
But Coconut milk has a moisturizing ability, therefore, we believed to some help straighten hair. Below some method you can try with this.
- In a glass jar, mix one cup of fresh coconut milk and the juice of one lemon.
- Place the glass jar in the refrigerator for a few hours, until there is a creamy layer on the top.
- Massage your hair and scalp with this cream, and then leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Cover your head with a shower cap or swimming cap and wrap a warm moist towel around the cap.
- Leave it on for about 30 minutes, and then shampoo and condition your hair.
- Comb your hair when it is still wet and allow it to air dry.
If you want to keep your hair straight make sure you are using beer. That’s right. Beer is rich in vitamins and antioxidants that keep hair strong and sleek. You can use flat beer as a final rinse after shampooing.
Below some extra method.
- Boil one cup of beer in a pan over medium heat until it reduces to half. Allow it to cool and then mix it with a cup of your regular shampoo. Wash your hair with this homemade beer shampoo.
- Alternatively, simply use flat beer as your final rinse after shampooing your hair.
You can keep boiled beer in a spray bottle and use it as a leave-in conditioner, too.
5. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera has enzymes that promote healthy growth. Plus, the gel can hydrate your hair to keep it straight. Dry hair is much more likely to frizz. Home Remedy Shop indicates that you can make a condition for your hair by combining ½ cup (120 mL) warm oil and aloe gel. Wash off after thirty minutes and your hair will be straight.
6. Castor Oil
Castor oil can work to keep your hair straight because it hydrates from scalp to root. Coat your hair with castor oil, allow it to set on the hair for a few minutes before rinsing away. Be careful not to apply too much oil to the scalp because it will make your hair look greasy.
7. Milk and Honey
An article from Tree Hugger suggests using milk and honey to get straight locks. Mix one cup (240 mL) of milk with one tablespoon (15 mL) of honey and apply it to your hair. The vitamins from the milk coupled with the cleansing properties of honey help keep your hair straight and shiny.
8. Fullers’ Earth
Fuller’s Earth is a great option for taming your mane. It works to hydrate and repair damaged hair. Search Home Remedy indicates that you should mix one cup (240 mL) of fuller’s earth with five tablespoons (75 mL) of rice flower. Next, mix in an egg to make a paste. Allow to set on your hair for several minutes before removing.
Celery can work as a natural straightener and stimulates hair growth. Soak the leaves in water and use it as a spray on your hair for desired results.
- Chop a bunch of celery leaves.
- Put the chopped leaves and a little water in a juicer to extract the juice.
- Strain the juice with a muslin cloth.
- Store the juice in a spray bottle and set it aside for two days.
- After two days, spray the juice over your hair.
- Comb with a wide-tooth comb to help spread the juice throughout your hair.
- Massage for a few minutes, then cover your head with a shower cap.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo and apply conditioner.
10. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is beneficial for your hair because it restores the natural pH level and enhances the overall look and feel of your hair. When your hair is healthy, it is less likely to dry out and kink up. According to Top 10 Home Remedies, you should combine two tablespoons (20 mL) of apple cider vinegar with one cup (240 mL) and apply the mixture to your hair after shampooing. Leave it on your hair and allow it to air dry.
Are you ready to straighten your hair? Try out some of these products to see which one works for you. A few hours later these home remedies will give you excellent results when used regularly and with patience. Along with these remedies, you need to condition your hair properly after every wash to control the frizz and relax your hair.
Don’t forget to share with your friends!